Saturday, February 6, 2016

Clinique Sweet Pots Sugar Scrub & Lip Balm Review



I have owned a few Clinique products in my time and had always loved them. Their makeup products have always delivered and never disappointed...until now.

Clinique came out with their Sweet Pots in January. I found the product to very convenient and cute! One side offered a colored lip balm, and the other side offer a lip scrub all in a cute macaroon style packaging. I have used before the lip scrubs from Sara Happ and Fresh Sugar with both doing a great job at scrubbing the dry chapped skin off my lips. So once these sweet pots became available at Sephora I decided to give it a shot.

I ordered mine in Sweet Rose. It has a very nice lightly fainted scent.  (These are suppose to be scentless, so maybe its just me wishing it smelled like something. Who knows. But I smelled something!!) The lip balm came in a light ruby pinkish color and was very soft and moisturizing on the lips. However it gave off no color pay-off whatsoever. I must have applied at least three to four layers of the lip balm to see no color appear on my lips. I even swatched it on my hand and blend it out (because we blend our lip balms out, right) and still on my hand you hardly saw anything. This is basically just a lip balm with very little to no color. I think if you have very pale lips, this MIGHT show up on you. The scrub part was a major fail! The beads are so small and so soft that it didn't do a thing for my dry chapped lips. It felt like I wasn't rubbing anything on them even though I applied a generous amount and rubbed hard to see if anything would occur. After about five mintues of trying and two attempts back to back, it still left my semi dry chapped lips with no change. I gave up and decided to use my trusty and proven Sara Happ lip scrub which of course took care of my lip situation in one go!

The packaging on this sweet pot is cute. It comes double sided with one side offering the lip balm and the other side the scrub.  Its pretty easy to open with a twist of the top for each section.  You can figure out fairly quickly which side is what by looking at the top of the package.  The lip balm is housed in the clear part of the package where the word 'Clinique' is written.  However both sides have a very small amount of product to them.  So little is offered, that I can see myself going through this in less then a month if I use it everyday. So for $23 its really not worth the price.  I think the packaging is what drives the high price tag on this.  I would say this should have cost no more then $15 to be honest.

So while this sweet pots are very cute and the lip balm does work to hydrate your lips (if you don't care about getting any color out of it); unless you are into collecting cute makeup items, this isn't worth the money. This will however look really cute on your vanity or purse! But that's about all it will do! While the concept is great and can totally work (if re-formulated), they really need to do something about the scrub part. Maybe add a little more color into the lip balms as well.

So while I will be keeping this because the lip balm is hydrating, I have no intentions of buy the other sweet pots. For $23, you can get better lip balms or scrubs!

Keep Smiling

Dayana

Share This!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger · Designed By Seo Blogger Templates