Monday, December 1, 2014

Body Merry Retinol Surge Moisturizer Review

Body Merry Retinol Surge Moisturizer - $20.99

I received this product as part of an advertorial. 

I was recently contacted by Body Merry to try out and review their Retinol Surge Moisturizer.  This facial cream contains 2.5% retinol, hyaluronic acid, Vitamin E + B5, green tea; plus other great ingredients.  

I am a straight up beauty junkie and have tons of makeup and face creams lying around my bathroom counter.  However I get bored quickly.  While I understand that it takes time to see results, but I also can tell when something is not working or will cause issues to my sensitive skin.   The fact that this contains 2.5 retinol concerned me.  However in the name of beauty we try it all!! This cream came in perfect timing since the winter weather season is upon us.  However depending where you live, depends on how bad this dreadful cold winter causes damage to your skin.   I have been using this moisturizer for about 2-3 weeks and I must say I have seen some improvement.   

The cream comes in a plastic bottle with no see-through panel which is important.  Since retinol is Vitamin A in a less concentrated form (vs. retinoids), air and light cause it to break down.   Another plus point is that it comes in a pump form which is great to allow minimal air into the bottle and eliminates bacteria getting in from our hands.   I love anything pump form because I get the amount of product I need without the mess.  However what really sold me on this moisturizer (as if the other stuff I mentioned wasn't as awesome) is that its thicker than your average moisturizers, especially for this time of the year when your skin needs all the reinforcement it can get. 

After using this cream I noticed that my face feels softer and didn't feel dried out with this horrid winter weather!  My skin felt and looked more plumped out and very smooth.  I had no peeling or burning sensation that comes with using retinol.  It dried quickly so I was able to apply my makeup right after and it did not have a strong smell either. 

 It also works well if you layer a serums on your face before using this to get that extra punch.  Vitamin C serums works great to give retinol an added punch.  (Click here to read more about the added benefits of vitamin C).  However with all being said, when using any sort of retinol products you MUST use a sunscreen.  Retinol just like Vitamin C makes your face more sensitive to the sun.   If you are using any of these products and not protecting your face with sunscreen, you 1. are causing greater damage to your face 2. will actually get a sunburn and 3. will make any skin issue you have worse. 

 Fine lines, wrinkles, dark spots and so on are also causes by sun exposure and not just aging or acne.   If you don't use a sunscreen that offers broadband protection (UVA and UVB) then don't buy this or anything else as you are just wasting your money and constantly will be reversing the work that these products are meant to do on your skin.  

Over all I was happy with the product and would recommend it to my beauties.

Stay Pretty & Forever Young!

Jenny

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

Share This!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger · Designed By Seo Blogger Templates