Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Day by Day Beauty Hyaluronic Acid Serum


Day by Day Beauty Hyaluronic Acid Serum - $18.50

Disclosure: I got this product as part of advertorial


I have been dying to try hyaluronic acid (HA) for the longest but was afraid of all the companies that add fillers and binders to it. So when Day by Day Beauty contacted Everything Beauty and Beyond to try out their product, I was happy. However with that being said, I first read the ingredient list before trying it out. This serum comes infused with Vitamin C and E in a small size bottle. Vitamin C is awesome as a topical serum for the face and have many lovely properties to it. (If you want to learn more about Vitamin C then click here for my review on vit c!) It comes with a security seal at the top of the bottle plus the pump is enclosed in a plastic bag for leak proof shipping.

The serum is gel like with a clear color. It has very little to no order and doesn't feel greasy or heavy after application. The bottle I will admit is small, but a little does go a look way. Since it is a gel like consistency, it glides over your face with no problem and spreads easy and thinly.

Now for all those who have no clue what hyaluronic acid is, allow me to elaborate. Hyaluronic Acid (HA) is found naturally in the human body and seen in high dosages in babies. Ever wondered why babies and small children always look like they have beautiful supple plumpy skin? Well its because of the hyaluronic acid in their system. Its a major component of skin tissue that give babies this beautiful plushy effect. Skin in general holds about fifty percent of your body’s hyaluronic acid in it. However as we get older we lose a lot of it and thus aging takes it toll. Hyaluronic Acid plumps and moisturizes skin as well as it helps to heal and comfort it when its suffered damage. Hyaluronic Acid also prevent fine lines and wrinkles from forming and helps by retaining moisture in the skin and creating a cushion like effect to help plump out the lines as we age.

I have been using this serum for almost three weeks now and I have to say I'm amazed by the benefits I have gotten from it. This serum helps to even out skin tone, plump up the skin and give a nice glowy complexion. It didn't irritate my face and the smell which was very light and faint dissipated very quickly.

The ONLY thing I didn't like about this serum is that it contains witch hazel and if you read my blog you know I don't like using anything with witch hazel in it. Witch hazel and alochol dry out the skin and in my opinion have no place in skincare products. However I will give the company the benefit of the doubt for the moment. They do put ALL the ingredients right on their bottle so they are responsible in making the customer away of what they are getting which I highly respect. I have big issues with companies who hide their product ingredients.  So for sure they get a gold star in that area for me!


Nonetheless, I believe there are better products out there to substitute for witch hazel. So while this product is great, I am not sure I would re-buy it simply because of the witch hazel. However everything else sold me!  So if you don't mind having witch hazel in your skincare products, then this surely is for you!

Keep Smiling!

Dayana

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

Share This!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger · Designed By Seo Blogger Templates