Friday, January 24, 2014

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders!


Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders - $52 CDN   ($45 US)

When I first heard of this product I was so skeptical it wasn't even funny. Like come on, please...a powder that can give you a candlelight like glow without being photoshopped?! I was so skeptical that I knew I had to buy it to prove everyone wrong.  So I ran (not walked) to my nearest Sephora and bought it with my Christmas gift card that I just received because I didn't believe, I couldn't believe that such a product existed.  And since I don't believe in waiting till Dec 25 to open up my gifts I figured Christmas was coming early for me that year! 

Upon arriving home after my skeptical shopping adventure, I tried it on right away.  I was SHOCKED to see that standing under my bathroom light in the mirror my face looked flawless with a candle light effect on the spots I placed the powder on. I think I admired myself so long that I lost track of time (seriously). I place this powder on the tops of my cheek bones, tops of my eyebrows, forehead, down the bridge of my nose, cupid's bow and chin.  You only need a little as it goes a long way.

I could not believe this product actually lived up to the hype. In the light it does really give you a candlelight effect which looks realistic.  What I love even more about these powders is that it comes in six different colors.  According to Sephora's website, the colors are:

Ethereal Light: A sheer, cool tone that eliminates shine and mimics a moonlit glow—even in broad daylight.

Diffused Light: A soft, warm, pale yellow that reduces redness, eliminates shine, and gives skin clarity.

Dim Light: A neutral soft beige that provides a perfect balance of warm and cool tones to blur imperfections.

Mood Light: A soft, sheer lavender pink that mimics the softest, most forgiving light and brightens the complexion.

Luminous Light: A champagne pearl that creates a soft, incandescent candlelit glow—day or night.

Radiant Light: A sun-kissed golden beige that enhances the overall complexion with believable, subtle warmth.

The compact is larger then normal size on all these powders.  It encompasses the whole size of my palm which for a powder is pretty big.  I currently only have it in Luminous Light, but I for sure plan to buy all five compacts and test them out under different lighting and events. 

However, keep in mind that all these colors do not work on every skin tone. Your best bet is to try them out before buying them.  Sephora has horrible lighting.  So I would recommend you test it first, walk around the mall or store and check it against different lighting.  They are pretty expensive so you want to make sure you get the right one that works for you!  Even though Sephora does allow you to return items, but still its a hassle to do this!



Hourglass has come out with a limited edition Ambient Lighting Palette that houses three shades.  Incandescent Light which is a new limited edition color, and two from their normal powders, Dim Light and Radiant Light.  While the palette powder is not as big as the normal powders, however it does allow you to try out three different colors.  I could not find this palette at Sephora, so you might have to order it from Hourglass's website.  Nonetheless, all these colors are fabulous to play with!

 Keep Smiling!
Incandescent Light, and two existing, Dim Light and Radiant Light - See more at: http://www.hourglasscosmetics.com/lighting-palette/#sthash.i3bbeGJ1.dpuf
 
Incandescent Light, and two existing, Dim Light and Radiant Light - See more at: http://www.hourglasscosmetics.com/lighting-palette/#sthash.i3bbeGJ1.dpuf
Incandescent Light, and two existing, Dim Light and Radiant Light - See more at: http://www.hourglasscosmetics.com/lighting-palette/#sthash.i3bbeGJ1.dpuf

http://www.ultimateblogchallenge.com#sthash.zN3xwgvj.dpuf

Share This!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger · Designed By Seo Blogger Templates