Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Paula's Choice Skincare Skin Balancing Collection!


Paula's Choice Skincare Skin Balancing Collection - $135/$150 US

(Disclosure: this blog contains a referral link)

I bought Paula's Choice (PC) Skin Balancing Collection back in December 2013.  I decided to take eight months to review this collection in order to make sure that I could give it enough time to work and talk about the results!

Note: Paula's Choice is currently offer $15 off on any purchase you make over $75.00 plus free shipping on any order $50.00 or over.  However that offer ends today ($15.00 off)!  Moreover, if you click here on my referral link, you will get any EXTRA $10 off on any purchase over $15.00! That referral link for $10.00 off is good anything!

I heard about Paula's Choice (PC) all by accident.  One day while I was surfing the net looking for some good retinol, AHA and BHA products the PC site popped up with reviews on other similar products. After searching her site I then realized that she had a line of skincare products as well.  After doing all my independent journal article research and checking out her site, I was sold and bought this whole kit which the expection of the SPF sunscreen!  I also bought other products from the PC skincare line, but I shall review those at a later!

This review is solely based on the PC Skincare Skin Balancing Collection for people with combination skin.  Basically this skincare line works on those who have a bit of oil but also dry patches here and there.  Also please note, that you can buy this whole system in a kit, or all on its own.  I have noted the price of the full kit above and the individual prices below next to each item.  Its up to you to do the math and decide what you want and what works well for your pocket!


Being a beauty junkie and writer I use a lot and I mean a lot of different cleanser overtime to test out.  However the one thing I hate about cleaning my face is that nasty tight feeling you get after washing it. I know you know what I mean.  That feeling were it feels like your face is going to rip of if you smile due to the tightness.  Yeah that feeling. I hate it.  However I have to give it to PC because after washing my face, that tight feeling is never there.  I have even gone as far as letting my face air dry for 20 minutes before applying anything to it, and it felt nice and clean with no tightness.  This cleanser also works great to clean off makeup, dirty and oil from your face.  It comes out in a nice semi creamy formula and I notice that I don't need to use a lot of it for it to lather and work.  Ever since I started using this cleanser I actually haven't used anything else in the last eight months to clean my face with! Love this cleanser for it cleansing ability and no tight face feeling!


Skin Balancing Pore Reduction Toner - $18.00 US

How much do I love this toner? Oh let me count the ways.  First, it has no alochol or witch hazel in it.  I am strongly against skincare products having any of these two ingredients as it drys out the skin, breakdowns collagen and really doesn't offer ANY helpful benefits to your face.  Second, this toner never leaves your skin feeling dry and works wonder in picking up makeup residue, dirty and oil left behind after cleaning.  While many cleansers work wonders in cleaning your face, however its normal to have some residue left behind.  However I will say this, on the days I use my Clarisonic and my PC cleanser to wash my face with, I have little to no residue left behind on the cotton pad.  This toner never leaves your face feeling tight or stings because of the lack of alochol in it.  This also helps to minimize pores and give your skin that polished finished look.  This also helps with redness and dry flaky skin which can occur any time during the year.  I really like this toner and so far can't say a single bad thing about it.  Maybe just that at some point it runs out and I need to re-purchase.  An endless bottle of product would be wonderful! If only Paula could manufacturer such a thing :-)    


Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant - $23.00 US

This product contains 2% salicylic acid which helps in dealing with oily and acne prone skin.  Salicylic Acid also known as BHA (Beta Hydroxy Acid) helps to increase the production in collagen in our skin, deal with blemishes and pimples and give us that over all smooth surface look.  I use this product just about everyday morning and night with the exception when I am using my other AHA products.  The first thing I noticed about using this product was that in less then a week my enlarged pores that I had on the side of nose right underneath my eyes were gone! I mean gone completely!  They were so large that with my finger I was able to feel them, and to make matter worse they kept getting clogged with blackheads.  Ever since I started using this product, the blackheads on my nose area in general have diminished highly!  My skin looks almost poreless and I hardly get any blemishes.   This product has got to be one of the most amazing products out on the market. If I were stuck on an island, this would be my companion hands down! Along with my sunscreen and chapstick of course!! 

Word of caution:  Salicylic Acid also known as BHA (Beta Hydroxy Acid) should NOT be used by anyone who is pregnant or allergic to aspirin.   Speak to your doctor FIRST if you insist on using this product. 

  
Skin Balancing Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum with Retinol - $28.00 US

This serum is actually quite nice.  It has antioxidants, anti-aging ingredients, potent anti-irritants and retinol in a weightless formula.  It has a nice silky smooth formula that is greaseless and gentle enough to use everyday morning and night.  This product also works great as a foundation primer for those who don't like using to many products on their face.  The only issue I had with this product was that you had to shake it REALLY well in order to have the serum come out and not just squirt out liquid.  I didn't do that with my first tube and eventually the serum became dried out and white.  This normally has a very light yellowish tone and after it dries out it turns white.  Best to use this serum within a year. 


What I love about this moisturizer is the way it feels. I apply it last (before my sunscreen) and it really feels like you have nothing on but it actually leaves your face feeling hydrated.  I don't really like greasy creams and since I use Argan Oil and Passion fruit Oil (Maracuja oil) on my face; heavy cream would not be a good idea.  I try to be careful with products that can cause breakouts or clog pores and give you a dull looking complexion.  This moisture gel is just amazing!  Moreover, it has no fragrance, dyes, alochol or perfume in it as that has no business in skincare products.  


Skin Balancing Ultra-Sheer Daily Defense Broad Spectrum SPF 30 - $24.00 US

I did not try this product out because I already had two tubes of two different SPF's at home so I didn't want to order this to only sit in my drawer.  However this product according to the website is formulated correctly so it won't clog pores, contains SPF 30 and does offer board spectrum protection.
 

Skin Balancing Oil Absorbing Mask - $17.00 US

I love masks! Truly I do! And I truly love this mask! I appreciate how well formulated it is, and how it actually makes a difference and not just cause your face to become rock hard!  This mask works to remove excess oil from your skin without causing it to dry out.  The formula in this masks helps to draw out and dislodge blackheads and other impurities without stripping the skin of it's natural moisture.  This mask is a clay like formula that when it dries to a hard consistency, it doesn't feel like it's going to break your face.  This mask is actually worth trying out!

ALL of PC products are free from dyes, perfume, fragrances and alochol which is a plus in skincare! 

So there you have it my complete review on this skincare line!!  

Keep Smiling!

Dayana

Share This!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Powered By Blogger · Designed By Seo Blogger Templates